The 2018 Southern California Probability Symposium will be held on Saturday, December 8, at the University of Southern California.
- 9:30-10:00 Registration/Refreshments
- 10:00-10:50 Steven Heilman (USC) Minimal Gaussian Partitions, Clustering Hardness and Voting
- 10:50-11:20 Coffee break
- 11:20-12:10 Wenpin Tang (UCLA) Discrete and continuous ranking models
- 12:10-2:00 Lunch
- 2:00-2:50 Alex Shkolnik (UCSB) Monte Carlo estimation for multivariate jump-diffusions
- 2:50-3:20 Coffee break
- 3:20-4:10 Benson Au (UCSD) The infinitesimal distribution of a random band matrix
- 4:10-5:00 Rene Carmona (guest speaker, Princeton) Mean Field Games with finite states in the weak formulation, and application to contract theory
- 6:00 Dinner
Direction and Parking
All talks are in Kaprelian Hall (KAP). Kaprelian Hall is on the western edge of campus, at the intersection of Vermont Ave. and 36th Place, direction.
Parking Info: Free parking is available -- just tell the parking booth attendant that you are going to the Probability Symposium. You must use the Downey Way Entrance (sometimes called Entrance 6) on the west side of campus, at Vermont Ave. and 36th Place; attendants elsewhere may not know of the Symposium. Parking is in the Downey Way Structure (sometimes called Parking Structure A) close to the campus entrance, and close to Kaprelian Hall where the conference takes place. Kaprelian is on your left as you pass the parking booth.
All talks are in Kaprelian Hall (KAP) 414, breaks in KAP 410. Turn right as you exit the elevator in the KAP.
- Industriel Restaurant at 6:00 pm
- 609 S Grand Ave Los Angeles, CA 90017
- Cash payment is preferred.
- There is valet parking located on Grand between 5th/6th and underground parking on 6th and Wilshire, under the Wilshire One building.
- Raya Feldman
- Tomoyuki Ichiba
- Information and reminders about the symposium will be sent by email to members of the Southern California Probability Group email list. If you wish to add or remove your name from this list, please click here.